House Exchanges » Free Ads: Mutual Exchange Adverts » South East » Kent » 3 Beds Keston (nr Bromley), Kent, BR2, 3 bathrooms

Old 07-11-2012, 01:33 AM
Free Member

Exchange Offered: 3 Bed, House, Mid Terrace
Landlord: Town and Country
Exclamation Keston (near Bromley), Kent, BR2, 3 bedroom, bathroom house

OFFERED..
My house is part of a development of what was a pub called the Keston Mark..
The pub has been converted into four 1 and 2 bedroom apartments. These are all privately owned.
And, in what was the car park of the pub, there is now a row of five regency style mews houses.
The developmental was completed in 2006 which is when we moved in.

The living room and kitchen are open plan,
The hall, downstairs cloak room, kitchen and all the bathrooms have tiled floors and walls,
The kitchen worktops are granite,
The fridge, freezer, washing machine and dishwasher are all integrated so will be staying here.
The middle floor has 2 bedrooms, 1 single and 1 double, both are en suite.
The master bedroom is located on top floor and covers the floor plan of the whole house. It has 2 double fitted wardrobes and dressing table/chest of drawers. The bathroom is huge and has a bath and walk in shower. We call it the penthouse suite!
All the doors in the house are panelled varnished wood
The windows are the wooden framed sash type,
There is a small front garden and a larger, but not massive, back garden that leads onto a car park which is only for the use of owners and tenants of the development. There is a good sized shed which we will be leaving behind.

It is simply the best equipped and best build quality council house I've ever seen! The only reason I'm moving is because I have always wanted to live near the sea and, now that most of my children have flown the nest, we are able to realise the dream!

The company that built the house is called McCulloch Homes... Their website has details of our house including floor plans. Here's a link to a brochure that can be downloaded about the development - http://www.mccullochhomes.co.uk/images/brochure_01.pdf
Please note.. The brochure shows an artists impression of the houses as having basements accessed via steps at the front of the houses... this part of the design didn't go ahead... the ground floor of the house is at ground level.

I have uploaded some photo's to my Flickr site (more to come). Here's a link - http://www.flickr.com/photos/remrats...7631873152922/

Local Area:
We are within easy walking distance of a local beauty spot called Keston Ponds and two very nice pubs, on 3 bus routes if you're off to town and within walking distance of 2 supermarkets and a well stocked garden centre. Oh, and there's a 24 hour shop/off licence/petrol station within 100 yards.

WANTED..
A 2 or 3 bedroom house or bungalow within a mile of the sea.
Anywhere in between Bracklesham Bay and Selsey and right the way up to Hastings
It must have a garden and either a ground floor bedroom, a dining room or scope to split a large living room to make a ground floor bedroom.
I am open to offers outside of this catchment area and to multi way exchanges.
I am registered disabled so entitled to 'disabled only' properties but don't need an adapted house.

I will consider a 2 or 3 bedroom flat but it would need to be something special. :winking0023

Last edited by remrats; 22-08-2013 at 09:02 PM. Reason: to add desired locations to my post
Old 08-11-2012, 08:22 PM
Free Member

Also, as part of a multi-way exchange is my daughter's 3 bedroom house in Orpington (BR5 3GN) as she'd love to have my house. Details and photo's are available regarding her property but I've not had time to upload them yet
Old 22-08-2013, 08:57 PM
Free Member

Default Still looking!

Just thought I'd mention that I am still looking for an exchange and have widened our horizons a bit and are now interested in properties from Bracklesham Bay and Selsey, right up to Hastings
Old 13-10-2013, 10:38 AM
Free Member

Exclamation

Just thought I'd revisit my ad and just say that, believe it or not, a year on and I'm still looking!!!...
I just don't get it? My house is beautiful and the area is a sought after one so why doesn't anyone want to swap with me?