2 Beds Broadway Gloucestershire WR12 requiring similar - Free Council House Exchanges Forums | Mutual Homeswaps, Home Swap UK
Council House Exchanges Forums  

Go Back   Council House Exchanges Forums > ENGLAND (Approved) View all Counties > Gloucestershire

Welcome to ExchangeForum the home of house exchanges since 2000, so Register today and add your exchange.

Old 17-01-2018, 01:34 PM

Free Member Upgrade | Join Date: Jan 2018
AmieMiles has not set their mood.

2 Bed Bungalow
Willersey, Gloucestershire
, Housing Association: Bromford, Rent: 460
About Willersey

AmieMiles is on a distinguished road
Broadway Gloucestershire WR12 requiring similar

I have a Bungalow with disabled access wetroom and a mature garden, the property is listed as 2 bedrooms with the local authority and due to policy we are confused by this, it's obviously a 1 bedroom bungalow with a dining room off to the side of the sitting room.

Under current policy the property cannot be 'under-occupied' the main bedroom would suit 1.5 people according to environmental health with the dining room suiting 1 person and the sitting room suiting 2 people, so the rooms can be divided up to suit the new occupants how they see fit, however it wouldn't be suitable for a couple and a child over the age of 10, therefore I cannot see the longevity of us remaining in this property.

I know this doesn't read like a normal advert for a lovely 2 bedroom bungalow but that is because I am perplexed as to how the council and the housing association propose to house this property under the new policies and regs they implemented 18 months ago (it's all fresh news to me after a 12 month queery).

I'm advertising the property in the hope someone may think this is something they could possibly make work for them. My OT described the property as suitable for an elderly ambulant couple, yet under-ocupancy is not permitted in the area.

The property comprises of a large kitchen, a 125 ft squared sitting room, an 80 ft squared room accessed via double doors off the living room, and a 100 square foot master bedroom. A boot room off the kitchen with a larder and a hard standing shed with a mature garden with roses and a cottage style bed plan.

I know that in law the master has to be 110 square feet to consider the property more than 2 bedrooms but Cotswolds policy is to ignore the 2004 law.

Anyone wanting to assist advise or take on the battle for allowing underoccupancy in this instance would be a life saver, as I've been refused a wheelchair on the basis that my home environment is too small, I've not be able to solve the issue for 12 months and despite being granted gold band for bidding I'm seeing properties offered to silver and bronze instead.

OUR SPONSORS OF THIS HOUSE EXCHANGE

Add This Exchange to your Bookmarks